For the second year in a row, we are pleased to announce that the Buckingham calendar is available to purchase from the Tourist Information Centre in The Old Gaol.
This year we opened the competition up to artwork as well at photography and we were blown away by the talent that Buckingham has to offer. It was very difficult to choose the 12 winners to be included, but with a good range of images from all the seasons, the calendar would be a great addition to your wall.
Councillor Geraldine Collins – Buckingham Town Mayor – said, “I always look forward to seeing the Buckingham calendar. This year as always it is a great reflection of our local area. I was thrilled to see the photographs and artwork entries for this year. thank you to our wonderfully talented community, and to those who work with them to bring this together.”
Discover Buckingham with 12 unique images of the town for £6.00 from the Tourist Information Centre; it’s the perfect present for Christmas.
Thank you to everyone that entered and well done to all the winners.
Here are the winning entries:
- January – Mike Lake, Canal in the Mist
- February – Peter Bowtell, Buckingham Highlights
- March – Barbara Farmer, Woodland of Western Avenue
- April – Tamika McCullough, Springtime Bloom
- May – Irene Schrufer, Precious Purple
- June – Cathy Read, Buckingham Gaol
- July – Sandra Windmill, Gone Fishing
- August – Louise Stubbs, Canal Stories
- September – Tamika McCullough, Swan Girl
- October – Mural by Children of Buckingham
- November – Mike Lake, Radcliffe Centre sunset
- December – Lynette Dunkley, Winter’s Walk on the Railway Path