Last night the Town Centre & Events Working Group met to discuss the upcoming programme of summer events and future events ideas.
A member of the public spoke at the beginning of the meeting to raise Councillors’ awareness of a flooding incident at March Edge, Linden Village on the 18th June 2021.
During the meeting:
- Members agreed to progress arrangements for a promenade between Stowe Gardens and Buckingham town centre, and to explore options for a multi-cultural celebration evening.
- It was agreed to postpone the Celebrate Buckingham Day in Bourton Park from the 10th July to the 4th September 2021.
- The next Bardic Election has been arranged for the 5th October 2021 at The Woolpack, Buckingham.
- Members discussed a draft programme of events for Her Majesty the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in June 2022 and agreed to review a further plan at the next meeting
- The following list of forthcoming events was noted:
- Buckingham Fringe Week 19th – 25th July
- Play Around the Parishes 26th July, 9th August, 23rd August
- Children’s Outdoor Theatre, 16th August
- Bandjam 29th August
- Celebrate Buckingham 4th September
- River Rinse Sept date to be confirmed
- Dog Show 12th September
- River Rinse October date to be confirmed
- Local Democracy Event 15th October
- Charter Fair 16th October
- Charter Fair 23rd October
- Halloween Disco 30th October
- Bonfire & Fireworks 6th November
- Remembrance Day Parade 14th November
- Winter Fair Lace Hill 21st November
- Christmas Light Switch On 27th November
- Christmas Parade 11th December
- Community Fair 11th December