From Sunday 20th December Buckingham became a Tier 4: Stay at home area. This means that there is a very high or very rapidly rising level of Coronavirus Covid-19 infections.
There will be some changes due to Buckingham Town Council services because of the new restrictions, while other services continue:
- The Tuesday and Saturday Market will continue to run (apart from Boxing Day), however non-essential retail are unable to attend.
- The Flea Market will not be running.
- Play areas, outdoor multi-use games areas and outdoor gym equipment will stay open, and the green spaces team will continue working as usual.
- The Tourist Information Centre and the Tourist Information Centre phone line will be closed.
- Shopmobility will continue to be open on Saturdays. Users are asked to call in advance.
- Lace Hill Sports and Community Centre is now closed except for a small number of exempt activities.
- The Town Council office remains closed to drop in visitors.
- The cemetery is available for interments as usual and in line with restrictions.
Many local businesses are offering delivery or click and collect options. If you can, please support your community by buying local this Christmas.
Contacting the Town Council over the Christmas break
If you need to contact the Council over the break, you can call 01280 816 426 between 9.30 am and 4 pm on the following days:
- Monday 21st December
- Tuesday 22nd December
- Wednesday 23rd December
- Tuesday 29th December
- Wednesday 30th December
Normal services will resume on Monday 4th January 2021.
Finally, we wish you the best possible time over the Christmas holiday.
We know this is a really tough time for many local residents, families and businesses. If you are struggling and need help, please reach out and ask for support.