The Buckingham Town Council office will be closed for Christmas from Monday 21st December 2020 until Monday 4th January 2021.
If you need to get in touch with us during this time, please contact us from 10am – 4pm on 01280 816426 so a member of our team can help you with any enquiries.
Please note that on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, the phone line will only be open from 10 am until 1pm. However, on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day the phone line will be closed completely.
From Saturday 19th December Buckingham will be a Tier 3 area. This means that there is a very high or very rapidly rising level of Coronavirus Covid-19 infections.
There will be some changes due to Buckingham Town Council services because of the new restrictions, while other services continue:
- The Tuesday and Saturday Market will continue to run (apart from Boxing Day)
- The Flea Market will not be running.
- Play areas, outdoor multi-use games areas and outdoor gym equipment will stay open, and the green spaces team will continue working as usual.
- The Tourist Information Centre and the Tourist Information Centre phone line will be closed.
- Shopmobility will continue to be open and available on Saturdays.
- Lace Hill Sports and Community Centre bookings can continue where permitted.
- The Town Council office remains closed to drop in visitors.
- The cemetery is available for interments as usual and in line with restrictions.
Many local businesses are offering delivery or click and collect options. If you can, please support your community by buying local this Christmas.
Contacting the Town Council over the Christmas break
If you need to contact the Council over the break, you can call 01280 816 426 between 9.30 am and 4 pm on the following days:
- Monday 21st December
- Tuesday 22nd December
- Wednesday 23rd December
- Tuesday 29th December
- Wednesday 30th December
Normal services will resume on Monday 4th January 2021.
Finally, we wish you the best possible time over the Christmas holiday.
We know this is a really tough time for many local residents, families and businesses. If you are struggling and need help, please reach out and ask for support.