Buckingham Town Council conducts the majority of business through Full Council, four main Committees and several Sub-Committees, meeting on a regular basis throughout the year.
The Council is made up of 17 elected councillors from four wards in Buckingham, with eight councillors for Buckingham South, seven councillors for Buckingham North and one each for the wards of Fishers Field and Highlands & Watchcroft.
Two Councils operate in Buckingham, the Town Council and Buckinghamshire Council. Each Council has different areas of responsibility. For more information about who does what in Buckingham visit out Residents Information guide.
Buckingham Town Council is responsible for:
- Community events including the Fringe, Bonfire & Fireworks and many more.
- Bourton Park
- Chandos Park
- Chandos Park and Cornwalls Meadow public toilets
- Public play areas (Bourton Park, Chandos Park, Otters Brook, Ken Tagg, and Lace Hill Community Centre)
- Brackley Road Cemetery and burials
- Council Chamber & maintenance of Buckingham Community Center
- Lace Hill Sports and Community Center and sports pitches.
- Stratford Road bus shelter and maintenance of High Street bus shelter.
- Christmas lights and High Street pea lights
- Planters and hanging baskets
- Markets (Street, Flea & Speciality)
- Railway and Circular Walks
- Grants to local organisations
- Shopmobility service
- Devolved services (grass and verge cutting)
- Tourist Information Centre
- Buckingham planning application responses
- Provision of litter and dog bins (but not emptying)
- Provision of salt bins (but not refilling)
- Town maps