Each councillor sits on various committees. Details of the committees can be found on the Committee pages. There are four wards in Buckingham, with eight councillors for Buckingham South, seven councillors for Buckingham North and one each for the wards of Fishers Field and Highlands & Watchcroft – making a total of 17 councillors.
For a list of what committees each councillor is on, click here. N.B. PDFs of each Councillors Register of Interests are available by clicking on the ROI icons. If you are not able to access these for any reason, please contact the town council office for alternative copies or help.
Councillors on Outside Organisations
Interested in becoming a councillor?
Elections take place every four years; the next election is May 2020. The timescales, advertising and process of elections is governed by a statutory procedure. All candidates have to be proposed and seconded by electors of the parish.
With a few exceptions you can be a Councillor if you are:
- "18 years of age or over at the date of your nomination
- a Commonwealth citizen, a citizen of the Republic of Ireland, or a citizen of another member state of the European Community,
- be a local government elector (voter) for the area of the authority, or
- have during the whole of the 12 months preceding the day on which you are nominated as a candidate occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the area of the authority, or
- have your principal or only place of work in the 12 months preceding the day on which you are nominated as a candidate in the area of the authority, or
- have lived in the area of the authority during the whole of the 12 months preceding the day on which you are nominated as candidate."
For more information read Aylesbury District Council's local democracy advice.
If an existing Councillor post becomes vacant, the vacancy is advertised for a fixed period of time and – unless ten electors have requested a poll – the vacancy is filled by co-option at a subsequent council meeting. If you are interesting in the current Town Councillor vacancy then please complete the below questionnaire and send to the following address allow with a short statement (side of A4) on why you wish to be co-opted as a Town Councillor.