Buckingham Town Council has been working with Aylesbury College to recruit an Apprentice Office Administrator to join our office team. As a Town Council this is a great opportunity to get started in a varied role, involving office administration, events, committees, marketing and more.
The weekly wage will be £160.95.
The role is 37 hours per week. Mainly Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm although there will be some weekend and evening work for events and committees. All extra hours will be taken as time off in lieu.
Some of the tasks will include:
- Answer phone calls politely and deal with queries quickly and efficiently, taking messages for staff and Councillors
- Distribute town leaflets to the Tourist Information Centre and other outlets
- Attend Council functions, assist where necessary and take photos
- Monitor, order and maintain the levels of stationery
- Provide general administrative support for Buckingham Town Council office and other departments as and when required (including typing, sending faxes, photocopying, shredding, filing, proof reading, archiving)
- Update the Electoral Roll and arrange for Welcome Packs to be sent to new residents
- Take care of invitations on behalf of the Mayor
- Take Chamber bookings and keep the calendar up-to-date
- Update the Town Council’s website and social media as instructed
- Deal with the public in a polite and helpful manner
- Attend training courses in accordance with identified training requirements
- Assist with arrangements for the youth council
- Assist at events such as Bonfire and Fireworks, Christmas Lights switch-on and the Council’s music festivals
If you have any queries about this role, please contact the Deputy Town Clerk, Claire Molyneux.