Grounds Maintenance Person (2 Positions)
Full Time 37 Hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Greenspaces team to assist the Town Council with maintenance of its open spaces and properties.
Buckingham Town Council manages parks, play areas, a Cemetery and other assets within the Town, so this is a varied role with both grounds and property maintenance being required.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with good hands-on skills, who is capable of working alone or as part of a team. A background and training in horticulture is desirable and a full driving licence is essential.
The main tasks will include:
- Maintaining Town Council’s parks and green spaces, properties and assets
- Carry out grounds maintenance and horticultural tasks, including the use of petrol powered machinery for hedge cutting and grass cutting
- Carrying out the repair and maintenance duties in Buckingham Town Centre and Town Council property within the town, including Lace Hill sports pitches
- Carrying out maintenance and burial duties at the cemetery
- Aid in setting up, clearing and running Town Council Events including assisting in the implementation of road closures for town events
The role is a full time position with occasional additional weekend work being required to assist in the running of events.
Due to the nature of the role, all grounds maintenance staff are subject to health surveillance to ensure they are physically able to complete their duties.
For further information or an informal discussion about the post, please contact the Estates Manager Lee Phillips on 01280 816426.
To apply complete the downloadable job application pack which should be submitted either by post to:
Buckingham Town Council
or by email to: Greenspaces@buckingham-tc.gov.uk
Closing date for applications: Monday 21st January 2019 at 12 noon.