The Christmas Parade arrives in Buckingham this Saturday. The town centre will fill with a fantastic array of floats who parade from Chandos Road to the town centre and back again. Each float is made by local groups and, this year, celebrates fashion through the ages. The parade starts from 10.30am.
In order for this to take place a full road closure will be in place, starting from 7am on Saturday 11th December. The links below will take you to more information about road closures, parking restrictions, bus diversions and access to Cornwalls Meadow car park during the event.
The Road Closure Order covers the following areas between 7am and 2pm on the 11th December 2021
- High Street (North) – between the junction with Moreton Road and Paynes Court (excluding Paynes Court itself)
- High Street (North) – Paynes Court to North End Square (excluding Paynes Court itself) Including the bus stand
- High Street (South) – between the junction with Moreton Road and the junction with Stratford Road
- Market Hill (North) – between the junction with Moreton Road and the junction with West Street
- Market Hill (South) – between the junction with Moreton Road and the Bull Ring
- The lay-by at the Old Gaol
- Bull Ring – in its entirety
- Market Square – all – between the Bull Ring and the junction with West Street/Bridge Street, including the lay-by outside the White Hart Hotel
- Bridge Street – all – from the junction with Market Square to the junction with Bourton Road
- London Road – both sides - between the junction with Bridge Street and the junction with Chandos Road
- Chandos Road – all – between the junction with London Road and the junction with Station Road
- Station Road – all – between the junction with Chandos Road and the junction with Hunter Street
- Addington Road – in its entirety
- Western Avenue – between Grenville Road and the junction with Brackley Road
Bus diversions will take place on Saturday 11 December: 10am to 2pm.
Due to the Buckingham Christmas Parade buses will NOT serve the High Street, the ‘Market Hill’ stops on Moreton Road, the ‘Chandos Road’, ‘Upper School’ stops on London Road and Maids Moreton between these times. Routes will divert as follows:
- Service 132: will not be able to serve Western Avenue, Overn Avenue, Moreton Road or Maids Moreton. Journeys between 10am and 2pm will depart from the stops on Stratford Road.
- Service 60: will divert after serving Tesco via A421, A413, Bourton Road, Bourtonville and London Road in a one-way loop.
- Service X60: after serving Tesco will divert via the London Road, then Bourtonville, Bourton Road, A413 and will resume its journey to Milton Keynes at Stratford Road and vice versa.
- Service X5: will serve the Tesco, London Road stop only.
You will not be able to enter of leave the Cornwalls Meadow car park due to a road closure for the Christmas Parade on Saturday 11th December 2021 between 10:15am and 12:30pm.