The Celebrate Buckingham Day is our first in person event after lockdown and we’re delighted to be able to get together with the community to celebrate.
Celebrate Buckingham Day is being held with the Buckingham Society and, for the first time ever, will incorporate the robing of the Mayor, Cllr Margaret Gateley and Buckingham Civic Day prize giving.
Stalls from local community, voluntary and social enterprise groups will sit alongside fun activities including bouncy castle, bungee runs, tennis, bowls, cadet games. You can even test just how squeamish you are and have a try at maggot racing!
Live entertainment will include the Ukulele Group and Brackley Morris Men.
Attending so far:
- Buckingham & Villages Community Board
- 1563 Buckingham Squadron Air Cadets
- Buckingham Youth Club
- Volunteer Hospital Car Service
- Buckingham Canal Society
- Buckingham & District Angling Association
- Chandos Park Bowls Club
- Friends of the Old Gaol
- Buckingham Tennis Club
- Buckingham Action Group for UK Cancer Research
- Young Carers
- Buckingham Tourist Information Centre
- Lace Hill Community and Sports Centre
- Buckingham Rotary
- Buckingham Fairtrade Association
If you are a local voluntary, community of social group that can run a fun, interactive activity on the day and would like to attend, please get in touch with our events co-ordinator Amanda Brubaker.
For more information and updates, visit our Facebook event page.