Buckingham Town Council has been working with Aylesbury College to recruit an Apprentice Office Administrator to join our office team. As a Town Council this is a great opportunity to get started in a varied role, involving office administration, events, committees, marketing and more.
The weekly wage will be £160.95.
The role is 37 hours per week. Mainly Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm although there will be some weekend and evening work for events and committees. All extra hours will be taken as time off in lieu.
Some of the tasks will include:
- Answer phone calls politely and deal with queries quickly and efficiently, taking messages for staff and Councillors
- Distribute town leaflets to the Tourist Information Centre and other outlets
- Attend Council functions, assist where necessary and take photos
- Monitor, order and maintain the levels of stationery
- Provide general administrative support for Buckingham Town Council office and other departments as and when required (including typing, sending faxes, photocopying, shredding, filing, proof reading, archiving)
- Update the Electoral Roll and arrange for Welcome Packs to be sent to new residents
- Take care of invitations on behalf of the Mayor
- Take Chamber bookings and keep the calendar up-to-date
- Update the Town Council’s website and social media as instructed
- Deal with the public in a polite and helpful manner
- Attend training courses in accordance with identified training requirements
- Assist with arrangements for the youth council
- Assist at events such as Bonfire and Fireworks, Christmas Lights switch-on and the Council’s music festivals
Please apply via the Centre for Apprenticeships website
If you have any queries about this role, please contact the Deputy Town Clerk, Claire Molyneux.
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS JOB HAVE NOW CLOSED.
|Tourist Information Centre / Shopmobility Assistant
Flexible Zero Hours including Saturdays
SCP 4-6: £9.55 – £9.94 per hour
Depending on experience and qualifications
|We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Tourist Information Centre team.
Buckingham Town Council manages a Tourist Information Centre and a Shopmobility Service, so this is a varied role with the successful candidate expected to cover both services as mutually agreed under a flexible arrangement.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with good communication skills, who is capable of working alone or as part of a team. Experience in a customer service environment is desirable and a mature and confident manner is essential.
The main tasks will include:
- Provide the highest level of customer service, responding to all enquiries in a professional, comprehensive and timely manner.
- Ensure the TIC and Shopmobility scheme create a welcoming, professional and positive image of Buckingham.
- Assist Shopmobility users to make safe use of the equipment provided.
- Assist with all administration procedures relating to the operation of the TIC and Shopmobility, including cash reconciliation and banking.
- Opening and closing of Old Gaol Museum and assisting with museum tasks as required
- Operate the Shopmobility booking system and complete accurate records regarding membership, usage and user training.
For further information please read our detailed job description and person specification or for an informal discussion about the post, please contact the TIC Supervisor, Emma Churchill on 01280 823020.
Please note: We are unable to offer full time hours. To discuss potential working hours, please call Emma Churchill as above.
To apply for the job please complete the application form and equality and diversity form and submit them either by post to:
Buckingham Town Council
or by email to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 8th November 2019 at 1700hrs.