The Buckingham Town Council office will be closed for Christmas from Monday 21st December 2020 until Monday 4th January 2021.
If you need to get in touch with us during this time, please contact us from 10am – 4pm on 01280 816426 so a member of our team can help you with any enquiries.
Please note that on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, the phone line will only be open from 10 am until 1pm. However, on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day the phone line will be closed completely.
We’re getting ready for the Christmas Light Switch On this Saturday! A packed event with performances from Children’s Choirs, The Bard of Buckingham and the presentation of the Trader of the Year Award from the Buckingham Society.
This year we’ve got a downloadable PDF of the carol service so that everyone can sing along!
There’s also a market in the cattlepens with crafts, hot chesnuts, street food and a children’s ride. Come and celebrate the start of the festive season with us on saturday.
Buckingham Christmas Parade is this Saturday!
Road Closures will be in place:
The Road Closure Order covers the following areas between 7am and 2pm on the 15th December 2018
- High Street (North) – between the junction with Moreton Road and Paynes Court (excluding Paynes Court itself)
- High Street (North) – Paynes Court to North End Square (excluding Paynes Court itself)
- This includes the bus stand
- High Street (South) – between the junction with Moreton Road and the junction with Stratford Road
- Market Hill (North) – between the junction with Moreton Road and the junction with West Street
- Market Hill (South) – between the junction with Moreton Road and the Bull Ring
- The lay-by at the Old Gaol taxi rank at night
- Bull Ring – in its entirety
- Market Square – all – between the Bull Ring and the junction with West Street/Bridge Street, including the lay-by outside the White Hart Hotel
- Bridge Street – all – from the junction with Market Square to the junction with Bourton Road
- London Road – both sides – between the junction with Bridge Street and the junction with Chandos Road
- Chandos Road – all – between the junction with London Road and the junction with Station Road
- Station Road – all – between the junction with Chandos Road and the junction with Hunter Street
- Addington Road – in its entirety
- Western Avenue – between Grenville Road and the junction with Brackley Road
Due to the Buckingham Christmas Parade buses will NOT serve the High Street, the ‘Market Hill’ stops on Moreton Road, the ‘Chandos Road’, ‘Upper School’ stops on London Road and Maids Moreton between these times. Routes will divert as follows:
Service 131 / 132: these routes will not be able to serve Western Avenue or Overn Avenue.
All 132 journeys will run via the Page Hill Estate
Service 60: will divert after serving Tesco via A421, A413, Bourton Road, Bourtonville and London Road in a one way loop. Please note route 60 will NOT serve Maids Moreton between the above times.
Service X60: after serving Tesco will divert up the London Road, then Bourtonville, Bourton Road, A413 and will resume its journey to Milton Keynes at Stratford Road and vice versa
Service X5: will serve the Tesco, London Road stop only.
Services diverted via Bourtonville will stop where safe, if hailed
Keep up to date on the Buckinghamshire County Council Service Disruption page at: www.buckscc.gov.uk/travelinfo