Members of the Council met last night in person at Lace Hill Sports & Community Centre. The following matters were discussed:
Interim Full Council:
- Members AGREED to oppose the Amended Planning Application for a residential development of up to 420 dwellings off Osier Way and one new access off Gawcott Road.
- Oxford-Milton Keynes and Peterborough-Northampton-Oxford connectivity studies – Members agreed a response to the Online Consultation.
Planning Working Group:
- A Member of the public attended the Public Session to raise concerns over 18/04626/APP Garage site 456999g Overn Crescent.
- Members considered five planning applications and decided to recommend to oppose four of the five applications received from Buckinghamshire Council.
Last night the Environment Working Group met, amongst other matters the following was discussed:
- Cllr. Warren Whyte as Chair and Cllr. Anja Schaefer appointed as Vice-Chair of the Environment Working Group for 2021/22.
- Street lighting – Members agreed for a consultation and review of Buckingham’s streetlights to explore putting in extra illumination.
- The first Draft of the Community Flood Response Plan was noted and Members will seek to establish a Working Group after the publication of Buckinghamshire Council’s Section 19 report.
- The Estates Team are researching options for commissioning a Holocaust Memorial Stone in Bourton Park
- Members agreed to support the proposal to set up a repair café in Buckingham.
Office Recycling facilities to be setup in all Town council premises
Last week the Communications Strategy Working Group met to discuss:
- Cllr. Jon Harvey was selected as Chair and Cllr. Martin Try as Vice-Chair of the Communications Strategy Working Group for 2021/22.
- Progress with the Summer 2021 newsletter and content for the Autumn 2021 edition.
- Progress on developing the Town Council website and ideas for it’s improvement.
- Annual statistical reports.
- The purchase of additional signage to advertise Summer events.
The Planning Committee of Buckingham Town Council met on Monday 24th May. The full agenda is available in our archive.
The following decisions were made:
- Cllr. Mark Cole JP was elected as Chair and Cllr. Anthony Ralph as Vice-Chair.
- Cllr. Sue Hetherington was chosen to represent Buckingham Town Council on the North Bucks Parishes Planning Consortium East-West Rail Group
- Of the planning applications discussed, 5 were recorded as no objections (one with the proviso to the satisfaction of the Heritage Officer) and 1 application was opposed. Of the tree applications discussed 6 were recorded as no objections and 1 opposed. Please note: planning applications are not decided by Buckingham Town Council, its objections or approval are given as a consultee to the planning authority: Buckinghamshire Council.
- Briefing notes will continue to be provided for the agenda by the Planning Officer.
- Buckinghamshire Council’s tree officer is to be invited to attend a meeting with Buckingham Town Council’s Planning Committee, Environment Committee, Tree Wardens and the Buckingham Society.
- The next meeting of the Planning Committee will take place on Tuesday 8th June on Zoom.
A live stream of the meeting is available on YouTube. Full minutes of the meeting will be available via our 2021 archive in due course.