Last night the Environment Working Group met, amongst other matters the following was discussed:
- Cllr. Warren Whyte as Chair and Cllr. Anja Schaefer appointed as Vice-Chair of the Environment Working Group for 2021/22.
- Street lighting – Members agreed for a consultation and review of Buckingham’s streetlights to explore putting in extra illumination.
- The first Draft of the Community Flood Response Plan was noted and Members will seek to establish a Working Group after the publication of Buckinghamshire Council’s Section 19 report.
- The Estates Team are researching options for commissioning a Holocaust Memorial Stone in Bourton Park
- Members agreed to support the proposal to set up a repair café in Buckingham.
Office Recycling facilities to be setup in all Town council premises
Last week the Communications Strategy Working Group met to discuss:
- Cllr. Jon Harvey was selected as Chair and Cllr. Martin Try as Vice-Chair of the Communications Strategy Working Group for 2021/22.
- Progress with the Summer 2021 newsletter and content for the Autumn 2021 edition.
- Progress on developing the Town Council website and ideas for it’s improvement.
- Annual statistical reports.
- The purchase of additional signage to advertise Summer events.