Our Summer Newsletter is now available to view and download
It is also available as an audio version:
The Council has recently carried out a survey as part of the process in writing a Management Plan for Bourton Park. The Council wanted to understand how and what the community values in Bourton Park and what peoples’ suggestions were for the future of the popular greenspace. The consultation was created online and advertised for three weeks via social media. A link to the summary report can be found here.
Our Spring Newsletter is now available to view and download
It is also available as an audio version
An Easter event for the whole family to enjoy!
Saturday 24th March 2018 2pm – 4:30pm
£1 entrance per person and you can browse the stalls, tea & cake will be available to purchase with free crafts and games for the children. All proceeds go towards the running of the event and all future events held at Lace Hill Sports & Community Centre.
All types of stalls welcome! Stalls are available from £6, please contact 01280 816 426 or email: email@example.com
This year we are trialling a new format and we hope you’ll be supportive of our approach. Buckingham Town Council will be hosting a virtual ATM meeting on the Town Council’s Facebook page, week beginning Monday 5th March 2018. Residents are to be invited, via a variety of media, to post questions or comment under discussion topics and Town Councillors and Officers are encouraged to respond, with full answers being provided at the Annual Town Meeting. The evening meeting of the 21st March will be run in an Open Space format; all that needs to be discussed, will be. Everyone is very welcome!
What is an Open Space Meeting?
This is a simple method for organising conference/meeting discussions where the following rules apply:
• Come up with an interesting topic and title for your discussion.
• Fill out a Post-It for your topic and place it the on the flip chart schedule/agenda.
• If you see topics that have something in common, consider combining them into a single time slot.
• Discussion groups are positioned and attendees invited to take part.
• Use the ‘Law of two feet.’ If you feel that you are not contributing or benefiting from a discussion, please feel free to move on to something else.
How can you take part?
The event is open to all Buckingham residents and we hope to encourage feedback from as many people as possible. You can take part in the Annual Town Meeting by:
• Filling out a comments card at Buckingham Library.
• Joining in the with the Buckingham Town Council’s Facebook conversation, week beginning Monday 5th March 2018.
• Write, email or phone Buckingham Town Council with your comments and questions.
All comments and questions will be summarised and discussed at the Annual Town Meeting on the 21st March 2018. A summary of the event will be published on our website, newsletter and Council minutes.
We are hoping that our revised format will encourage participation from a wider range of our community and we sincerely hope you are able to support our event.
Held in Buckingham Community Centre the Annual Food Fair allows local producers to show off their wares. Among the exhibitors that have taken part in the past are Open Air Foods, Party Bakes, Pastilla Pies (now called Monty Pieman), Sugar Chef and Silverstone Brewery.
10am – 3pm in Buckingham Community Centre