The Christmas Parade event is organised by the Buckingham Christmas Parade Committee and sponsored by Buckingham Town Council. This event will take place on Saturday 10th December 2022 from 10:30am – 12:30pm.
The Parade forms up on Chandos Road and makes its way through the town centre and back to Chandos Road. Floats, walking groups and marching bands will make their way through Buckingham Town Centre and then back to Chandos Road.
There will be a road closure, organised by the Town Council, in place whilst the parade is taking place. There will also be a Bus Diversion, so if you are a bus user, please check the diversion route beforehand.
The Road Closure Order covers the following areas between 7am and 2pm on Saturday 10th December 2022:
- High Street (North) – between the junction with Moreton Road and Paynes Court (excluding Paynes Court itself)
- High Street (North) – Paynes Court to North End Square (excluding Paynes Court itself). This includes the bus stand.
- High Street (South) – between the junction with Moreton Road and the junction with Stratford Road
- Market Hill (North) – between the junction with Moreton Road and the junction with West Street
- Market Hill (South) – between the junction with Moreton Road and the Bull Ring
- The lay-by at the Old Gaol/taxi rank
- Bull Ring – in its entirety
- Market Square – all – between the Bull Ring and the junction with West Street/Bridge Street, including the lay-by outside the White Hart Hotel
- Bridge Street – all – from the junction with Market Square to the junction with Bourton Road
- London Road – both sides – between the junction with Bridge Street and the junction with Chandos Road
- Chandos Road – all – between the junction with Bourtonville and the junction with Station Road
- Bourton Road – all – between the function with Bourtonville and the junction with Bridge Street
- Station Road – all – between the junction with Chandos Road and the junction with Hunter Street
- Western Avenue – between Grenville Road and the junction with Brackley Road
- Stratford Road – between the A413 and the high street
Buses will NOT serve the High Street, the ‘Market Hill’ stops on Moreton Road, the ‘Chandos Road’, ‘Upper School’ stops on London Road and Maids Moreton between 10am – 2pm on Saturday 10th December 2022.
Routes will divert as follows:
- Service 132: will not be able to serve Western Avenue, Overn Avenue, Moreton Road or Maids Moreton. Journeys between these times will depart from the stops on Stratford Road.
- Service 60: will divert after serving Tesco via A421, A413, Bourton Road, Bourtonville and London Road in a one-way loop.
- Service X60: after serving Tesco will divert via London Road, then Bourtonville, Bourton Road, A413 and will resume its journey to Milton Keynes at Stratford Road and vice versa.
- Service X5: will serve the Tesco, London Road stop only. Services diverted via Bourtonville will stop where safe, if hailed.