Buckingham Town Council are asking our residents if they support the Town Council borrowing £2.4 million (at a total cost of around £6 Million) for a new cemetery, depot and allotments project. The consultation closes on Thursday 19th Jan 2023.
Buckingham’s existing cemetery on Brackley Road is nearly at capacity. Outline planning permission has been granted for 9.2 acres of land along the A421 to be changed into a new burial ground, with allotments and a works depot.
It is anticipated that the new cemetery will have enough grave spaces to serve the community for roughly 160 years.
What will be included?
- A total of 1474 burial plots, including areas for traditional burials, lawn burials, a children’s section and an additional wooded area for ashes.
- 30 allotment plots (average 25m²).
- Car parking for 30 vehicles, including disabled bays.
- Large sections of wildflower and tree planting.
- Maintenance depot and public toilet.
If you have any questions send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a ring on 01280 816426.
Mayor of Buckingham, Cllr. Margaret Gateley launched the consultation in December, saying that: “Buckingham Town Council needs to know your views on the right way forward for the proposed new cemetery in our town. Please take a moment to complete the cemetery consultation questionnaire, so that we are aware of public opinion on this important project. It is vital that we hear from as many residents as possible”.
For more details about the project and the consultation please visit the new cemetery consultation webpage.
You can also also complete the consultation online