Buckingham Town Council are pleased to announce that from Saturday 4th July the play areas owned by the Town Council will be reopened, along with the Tourist Information Centre and Lace Hill Community Centre.
The Town Council’s play areas in Bourton Park, Chandos Park, Otters Brook, by the Lace Hill Community Centre and next to Meadway (Ken Tagg) will all be opened, along with the adult gym equipment in Bourton Park. Government guidance makes this possible from Saturday. There will be signs at each area asking everyone to be aware of the risks and to take note of the guidance displayed by the equipment:
The equipment will not be cleaned daily – the Council does not have the resources to do this. So parents or carers may wish to wipe equipment down before using it, and should always provide hand gel for children after use.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Try to maintain a 2 metre distance, except for from people of the same household
- Wait at a safe distance, and if the equipment is in use return later
- Anyone who has coronavirus symptoms, or is part of a household where somebody does, should not use the equipment
- If you are wearing a disposable mask or gloves throw it away after use or take it home with you; DON’T LITTER.
- Anyone who is clinically vulnerable should not use the equipment.
The Council has carried out a full safety inspection of the all play equipment to get ready for the reopening. Unfortunately, some of the wooded items at Otters Brook are no longer safe due to internal rotting. These have been taped off until repairs can be made.