Buckingham Town Council are excited to bring a packed week of art, music, drama and comedy for all ages and abilities to this year’s Buckingham Fringe Week. Events will be held at various locations throughout the town and many of them are free.
New events for you to enjoy this year include:
- Market entertainment from Buckingham Panto (Oh, no it isn’t! Oh yes it is!)
- The Film Place will do a special showing of Puss In Boots: The Last Wish
- Jumble sale with proceeds raised being split between the Mayor’s Charities, Buckingham Food Bank and Jedidiah and the Salvation Army.
- The National Trust’s Chantry Chapel will be offering free crafts.
- Now and Then Theatre will pop up with a workshop for both children and adults will work together to create a piece to perform on St Peter & St Paul’s Church Green.
- Local charity Alec’s Angels have organised The Buckingham-opoly Trail, this is a fantastic and very active timed event, where teams work together to see how many places they can visit on the Buckingham-opoly board.
Cllr. Robin Stuchbury, Chair of the Town Centre & Events Committee, said “Buckingham Town Councils, Town Centre, and Events Committee in partnership with community organisations will be putting on the Buckingham Fringe festival from the 22nd to the 30th of July with events to suit everybody. Free events include family fun days, art and theatre. We are pleased to see the return of our friends the Oxford Fiddle Group and a comedy night. Tickets can be purchased for both events on the Town Council website or through the Tourist Information Centre.
We look forward to seeing you throughout the week and being part of this community event which is only possible through the hard work of our office team and dedicated committee members and partnerships with valued friends within the town helping us deliver a program of events in which there is something for everybody to take part in”.
Returning events include the Family Fun Day at Lace Hill, Buckingham Play Days, originally known as Play Around the Parishes, Art in the Market, Oxford Fiddle Group and the Comedy Night, starring Angelos Epithemiou, Fatiha El-Ghorri and Peter Rethinasamy.
A full summary of all the events:
|Saturday 22nd||Jumble Sale||10am – 1pm||Salvation Army|
|Saturday 22nd||Market Entertainment||11am – 1pm||Outside the Old Gaol|
|Sunday 23rd||Family Fun Day||1pm – 4pm||Lace Hill|
|Monday 24th||Buckingham Play Days||10:30am – 3:30pm||Chandos Park|
|Tuesday 25th||Art in the Market||1pm – 4pm||Cattle pens – town centre|
|Wednesday 26th||Crafts in the Chantry Chapel||10am – 3pm||Chantry Chapel – town centre|
|Friday 28th||Theatre Workshop||10am – 5pm. Performance at 4pm.||Green outside St Peter & St Paul Church|
Most tickets are available via the Tourist Information Centre and the Buckingham Town Council website – https://www.buckingham-tc.gov.uk/fringe-2023/
Tickets for Puss in Boots: The Last Wish are only available online through the Film Place – www.thefilmplace.org.uk
|Saturday 22nd||Puss in Boots: The Last Wish (PG)||5:30pm||The Film Place||Adult £7.55 / Child £5.39|
|Tuesday 25th||Oxford Fiddle Group||8pm||Radcliffe Centre||£6|
|Saturday 29th||Comedy Night||8pm||Tanlaw Mill||£15|
|Sunday 30th||Buckingham-opoly Trail||11am||Buckingham Cricket Club||£25 entry per team of 4-6 people. Tickets on Eventbrite or the Town Council Fringe webpage|