After a meeting of the Interim Council on 7th June 2021, Fran Davies was selected by co-option to join Buckingham Town Council and fill a vacancy in the South Ward that remained after the May elections.
Cllr. Fran Davies said: “I am honoured and delighted to have been accepted by The Mayor and Buckingham Town Councillors as a co-opted member for the people of Buckingham South.
I will be continuing as a Parish Councillor for Radclive-cum-Chackmore and I look forward to the challenges of representing a wider number of people and hope to be able to help them the best I can. I am particularly interested in environmental and green issues and community events and am keen to get involved in both existing and new projects.”
Other topics covered by the Interim Council on 7th June included:
- Future remit and membership of the Diversity & Inclusion Working Group
- Licensing Policy Consultation
- Arrangements for future Town Council meetings and Working Groups.
At the Planning Working Group meeting on the 8th June topics included:
- A resident attended the public session to discuss issues with Candleford Court
- 3 Planning Applications, all with no objections from members
- Changes to the Buckinghamshire Council constitution and the impact on planning
- Enforcement and other planning matters to report around Buckingham.