For up to date guidance about Coronavirus visit the government website.
From Tuesday 5th January 2021 Buckingham, and all of England entered National Lockdown: Stay at home. This means that there is a very rapidly rising level of Coronavirus Covid-19 infections, and lockdown restrictions are in place.
- This means that you cannot leave or be outside of the place you are living unless you have a reasonable excuse. You should work from home unless you are unable to.
- You cannot meet people indoors, unless they are already part of your household or bubble.
- Outdoors, you can only meet one person from another household., for exercise. You should exercise only once per day, in your local area.
- Stay 2 meters apart from anyone not in your household.
- Extremely vulnerable people should resume shielding.
- Primary, secondary, schools are closed and will operate remotely except for vulnerable children and children of critical workers. Universities will operate online, apart from future critical worker courses.
- Bars, pubs, cafes and restaurants are closed – they can continue operating as takeaway, click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery services (though not for alcohol).
- Non-essential retail shops and market stalls most close - they can continue operating a click-and-collect service.
- Indoor and outdoor entertainment, leisure and tourist venues must close. The gardens of such sites can stay open for exercise.
The government has a more detailed guide about what the National Lockdown restrictions mean for local people on their website.
Buckingham is a great community: many groups have come together to try and work out how they can help residents in need of support. Below we have compiled local information guides, both for those who are in need of help and for those who are interested in volunteering.
Shops and services in Buckingham
Please continue to support our local shops, restaurants and businesses. Many local businesses will be continuing with the delivery or click and collect sales options they developed earlier in the year. Even if a restaurant's door is closed, supporting local businesses by placing orders online or over the phone will make a real impact to our community this Winter.
Don't forget to wear a mask if you can, respect social distancing and wash your hands.
The Town Council Office is closed to visitors but staff are working from home. Some other services including the Tourist Information Centre, Shopmobility and Lace Hill Sports and Leisure Centre are closed or running differently.
COVID-19 Business Measures
Buckingham Town Council is asking companies, self-employed people and all other traders in the town to help think about what can be done to help businesses reopen when possible, support the high street and develop online sales in the town.
Parks and public spaces
Please be reassured that parks and public spaces will remain largely open during the new National Lockdown.
Play areas remain open however multi-use games area (MUGAs) and outdoor gym equipment have now closed.
Our green spaces staff are out and about working as normal. To keep them safe and well, please do not approach them. If you have a query, please contact the town council office and keep your distance from the green spaces team while they are working.