This year we are trialling a new format and we hope you’ll be supportive of our approach. Buckingham Town Council will be hosting a virtual ATM meeting on the Town Council’s Facebook page, week beginning Monday 5th March 2018. Residents are to be invited, via a variety of media, to post questions or comment under discussion topics and Town Councillors and Officers are encouraged to respond, with full answers being provided at the Annual Town Meeting. The evening meeting of the 21st March will be run in an Open Space format; all that needs to be discussed, will be. Everyone is very welcome!
What is an Open Space Meeting?
This is a simple method for organising conference/meeting discussions where the following rules apply:
• Come up with an interesting topic and title for your discussion.
• Fill out a Post-It for your topic and place it the on the flip chart schedule/agenda.
• If you see topics that have something in common, consider combining them into a single time slot.
• Discussion groups are positioned and attendees invited to take part.
• Use the ‘Law of two feet.’ If you feel that you are not contributing or benefiting from a discussion, please feel free to move on to something else.
How can you take part?
The event is open to all Buckingham residents and we hope to encourage feedback from as many people as possible. You can take part in the Annual Town Meeting by:
• Filling out a comments card at Buckingham Library.
• Joining in the with the Buckingham Town Council’s Facebook conversation, week beginning Monday 5th March 2018.
• Write, email or phone Buckingham Town Council with your comments and questions.
All comments and questions will be summarised and discussed at the Annual Town Meeting on the 21st March 2018. A summary of the event will be published on our website, newsletter and Council minutes.
We are hoping that our revised format will encourage participation from a wider range of our community and we sincerely hope you are able to support our event.
Held in Buckingham Community Centre the Annual Food Fair allows local producers to show off their wares. Among the exhibitors that have taken part in the past are Open Air Foods, Party Bakes, Pastilla Pies (now called Monty Pieman), Sugar Chef and Silverstone Brewery.
10am – 3pm in Buckingham Community Centre
The pancake race is a long established event open to everyone and consists of 4 races for different age categories (5 and under, 6-11 year olds, 12-16 year olds and adults). The event is announced by the Town Crier and opened by the Mayor. It is held on the green outside Buckingham Parish Church at 11am.
Small prizes are given to all participants of the children’s races and a small trophy for the winners.
Buckingham Town Council provides the pancakes and there is one rule being all competitors must wear a headscarf and pinafore and bring their own small frying pan.
As from 1st February 2018, management of the Buckingham Tourist Information Centre will transfer from Tourism South East to Buckingham Town Council.
The TIC will be closed between Wednesday 31st January and Friday 2nd February to allow for the transfer and some essential works. Normal business hours will resume from Saturday 3rd February.
If you would like to sell tickets through the TIC, offer goods for sale, or speak to us about how the TIC can support and activity or event please email TIC@buckingham-tc.gov.uk or call us on 01280 823 020.
Click here to read Buckingham Town Council’s response to the consultation on the draft Vale of Aylesbury Plan.