- Apologies for Absence
Members are asked to receive apologies from Members.
- Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of any personal or prejudicial interest under consideration on this agenda in accordance with the Localism Act 2011 Sections 26-34 & Schedule 4.
- Minutes of last meeting
To approve the minutes of the Economic Development Working Group meeting held on Thursday 27th June 2019, which were received at the Full Council meeting on Monday 15th July 2019.
Copy previously circulated EDWG/01/19
- Market Town Visits Sub Committee
To receive the minutes and discuss the recommendations therein of the Market Town Visit Sub-Committee meeting held on Tuesday 9th July 2019
Copy previously circulated EDWG/02/19
4.1 It was RECOMMENDED that the crossing points in Buckingham Town Centre be reviewed. (min 182/19)
4.2 It is RECOMMENDED that the Economic Development Working Group consider adopting the following aspirations for the town:
- Multi-use recycle public waste bins
- Pedestrianisation of the town centre, coupled to -
- One-way system around Castle Street, Bristle Hill, School Lane and West Street
- Completion of the by-pass between the A421 and Brackley Road.
- Change of layout of market stalls to a tight group
- Matching market stalls, e.g. gazebos and flags
- One off special market events. For example, a Cheese Market.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the bus station.
- Additional signage to the toilets at Moreton Road and Cornwalls Meadow, including Destination Buckingham fingerpost sign (already purchased)
- Additional town maps should be added: near Villiers, at Bridge Street/Well Street and Cornwalls Meadow.
- A noticeboard at the Old Gaol giving the annual dates of the biggest events of the year.
- A system to ensure noticeboards don’t contain out of date information.
- Promote the Old Gaol better.
- Improve signage in general
- Improve pedestrian access from Cornwalls Meadow bridge to town centre without having to pass through carpark or on roads.
- Have the bay parking of the grand junction side of the entrance to Cornwalls Meadow carpark (currently AVDC) changed to on-street parking rules in line with the parallel bay on the community centre side of the street (currently BCC) in order to create more one-hour free parking.
- Advertising outside of the town, including at Bicester Village, Stowe, on bus stops and the back of buses. (min 182/19)
- Action List
- Tourism Strategy
To receive the Tourism Strategy Report from TIC Supervisor and discuss the report recommendations.
- Town Plan Update
To receive a verbal update from Town Clerk (to include update on future ideas and Town Centre Business Survey min 946/18 refers)
- Buckingham Rural Area Transport (BART)
To receive verbal reports on the development of BART bus routes between:
- Town Centre Shops
- Old Gaol
- Town Walking Contest
To receive a verbal proposal from Cllr. Harvey (min 151/19 refers)
- Love Buckingham Update
To receive a verbal update from L. Hutton on the use of a Creative Commons Licence for Love Buckingham and Pop-up Shops (min 154/19 refers)
- A Young Person’s View of Our Town
To receive a verbal statement from Lyndon Keeling-Zatta
- Chairman’s Announcements
- Date of next meeting
Wednesday 30th October at the Council Chamber, Buckingham