Chaired by Councillor Mark Cole JP
The Town Council is a statutory consultee, and reviews all planning applications advising AVDC should they not meet local requirements and aspirations. However, it should be noted that Aylesbury Vale District Council makes the final decision on all planning applications, and does not always agree with the Town Council’s comments. If you write to the District Council to support or object to an application, it would be helpful if you also provided a copy of the letter to the Town Council.
The Planning Committee is the lead body producing the Buckingham Neighbourhood Development Plan as a Frontrunner authority. The Neighbourhood Plan is the successor of the 2008-09 ‘Buckingham Plan’ that the committee also produced. For details of both plans, see our Community Plans page.
Helpful planning websites
- AVDC Planning for advice and information
- AVDC Planning Applications
- Planning Portal: Government advice on planning
Planning Committee Meetings
- 2nd July 2018 Agenda / Minutes
- 23rd July 2018 Agenda / Minutes
- 20th August 2018 Agenda / Minutes
- 10th September 2018 Agenda / Minutes
- 8th October 2018 Agenda / Minutes
- 29th October 2018 Agenda / Minutes
- 26 November 2018 Agenda / Minutes
- 17th December 2018 Agenda / Minutes
To access past committee agendas, reports and minutes please click here.