Chaired by Councillor Mike Smith
We keep an eye on work required to footpaths, pavements, cycle-ways, roads,
waterways, horticultural and arboriculture works, street furniture (seats, planters and waste bins), play areas, and play equipment.
However, not all of this falls within the Town Council remit, so we liaise closely with our District and County Council partners on the maintenance of those items for which they have specific responsibility.
Much of our ‘estate’ comprises Chandos and Bourton Parks, the Railway Walk and other open spaces. Apart from ensuring that these areas are properly maintained, we work closely with the Conservation Volunteers and various ‘friends’ groups to maintain and improve these valuable resources and protect the indigenous wild life.
Environment Committee Meetings
- 12th February 2018 Agenda / Minutes
- 3rd April 2018 Agenda / Minutes
- 29th May 2018 Agenda / Minutes
- 16th July 2018 Agenda / Minutes
- 3rd September 2018 Agenda / Minutes
- 22nd October 2018 Agenda / Minutes
- 10th December 2018 Agenda / Minutes
To access past committee agendas, reports and minutes please click here.