Buckingham is an ideal place to visit for a day, drop in for an hour or two while en-route to other tourist locations, or to stay longer while using it as a base to visit the many attractions nearby and/or enjoy walking the extensive footpath network.
Tourist Information Centre
Located in The Old Gaol Museum in the centre of Town, our local experts can provide local information, travel information, accommodation lists, booking facilities, holiday guides, and local gifts. Maps, books and theatre tokens may be purchased, and National Express bookings can be made.
For further information please visit www.buckinghamoldgaol.org.uk
Best Kept Village Competition
There are six Best Kept Village awards for the following location and population categories:
- Gurney Cup (less than 500 population)
- Morris Cup (less than 1500 population)
- DeFraine Cup (less than 3000 population)
- Michaelis Cup (more than urban 3000 population)
- Pushman Cup (more than rural 3000 population)
- Tindall Cup (the best of the previous years winners)
Buckingham Town falls into the Michaelis Cup category and has won the Michaelis Cup for the Best Kept Small Town four times; 2002, 2005, 2008 and 2011. In 2008 Buckingham also won the Sword of Excellence for the winner with the highest points from all the above categories.