There are three annual Town Council meetings; the Annual Town Meeting, the Annual Statutory Meeting and the Precept.
Annual Town Meeting
This year we are trialling a new format and we hope you’ll be supportive of our approach. Buckingham Town Council will be hosting a virtual ATM meeting on the Town Council’s Facebook page, week beginning Monday 5th March 2018. Residents are to be invited, via a variety of media, to post questions or comment under discussion topics and Town Councillors and Officers are encouraged to respond, with full answers being provided at the Annual Town Meeting. The evening meeting of the 21st March will be run in an Open Space format; all that needs to be discussed, will be. Everyone is very welcome!
What is an Open Space Meeting?
This is a simple method for organising conference/meeting discussions where the following rules apply:
• Come up with an interesting topic and title for your discussion.
• Fill out a Post-It for your topic and place it the on the flip chart schedule/agenda.
• If you see topics that have something in common, consider combining them into a single time slot.
• Discussion groups are positioned and attendees invited to take part.
• Use the ‘Law of two feet.’ If you feel that you are not contributing or benefiting from a discussion, please feel free to move on to something else.
How can you take part?
The event is open to all Buckingham residents and we hope to encourage feedback from as many people as possible. You can take part in the Annual Town Meeting by:
• Filling out a comments card at Buckingham Library.
• Joining in the with the Buckingham Town Council’s Facebook conversation, week beginning Monday 5th March 2018.
• Write, email or phone Buckingham Town Council with your comments and questions.
A summary of the event can be found here.
We are hoping that our revised format will encourage participation from a wider range of our community and we sincerely hope you are able to support our event.
Annual Statutory Meeting
The Annual Statutory Meeting in May is the first meeting of the municipal year. The elections of the Mayor and Deputy Mayor take place at this meeting.
The Precept meeting is the meeting which determines the tax that Buckingham Town Council will request via Aylesbury Vale District Council to be collected from the eligible households in the Buckingham Town Council catchment area.
To access past agendas and minutes please click here.