Residents Information

The Town Council is the tier of local government closest to the people, providing a wide range of services and facilities including the Brackley Road Cemetery, parks and green spaces, Shopmobility and many others.

Buckingham is also served by Buckinghamshire Council, who deliver other services like schools, road maintenance and bin collections.

Which Council should I contact?

Just Moved Here?

If you’ve just moved to Buckingham visit our New to Buckingham? page for a full list of numbers and links that you may find useful, including information on school admissions, household waste collections and registering to vote.

Flooding in Buckingham

Flooding is outside the responsibilities of Buckingham Town Council, however as it has a serious impact on the people and businesses of Buckingham, the Town Council has facilitated meetings and discussions between the responsible government departments and agencies on the ongoing topic of “flooding in the Town”.

Below are some useful web sites relating to flooding:

In 2011 the Town Council wrote to the Environment Agency in response to a question about the River Great Ouse maintenance and received this response highlighting the flood risk to the area.

Gritting/Salt Bins

Transport for Bucks fill up the designated Salt Bins during September/October each year. For more information call 0845 2302882.

Transport for Bucks uses Twitter to give live updates on bad weather and gritting.

Transport for Bucks also uses a live blog to catalogue winter maintenance of gritting/snow routes and to show gritter lorry tracking.