The Buckingham Otter Trail Auction is here!
Fancy giving your favourite otter sculpture a home and making a difference to worthy local causes?
The auction begins Friday 24th September!
Following the removal of the otter-tastic sculptures at the end of the trail on 31st August, Otter HQ are looking ahead to our final key event of the project… the Buckingham Otter Trail online auction, where we will bid farewell to our beloved otters as they swim away to their new forever homes via an online auction.
If you wish to find out more information about the auction or one or more of the otter sculptures, please contact us as soon possible at email@example.com
We’ll be sad to wave goodbye to our otters but we’re sure there are wonderful things on the horizon for them in their new homes!
How the auction works and terms and conditions
The otter bidding extravaganza will be taking place online using social media and the Town Council website. Each week one otter will be added to the auction, you will have nearly two weeks to make your highest bid. Bids may be submitted through the website but if you don’t use technology we will accept telephone bids too.
- This is a sealed bid, blind auction.
- In order to take part you must enter your bid for the amount you would be prepared to pay for the otter, and your contact details on the form on this webpage.
- No participant may see or enquire about the number or value of other bids before placing their own bid. Any person attempting to do so will be excluded from participating.
- If two or more bidders place the same bid, the bid leader will be the first one to have placed this bid.
- Employees of Buckingham Town Council and of Fortem Digital are excluded from participating in this auction.
- If you wish to make a bid by phone, please contact the Town Council office on 01280 816 426 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Thursday or 9am and 12 noon on Fridays.
- Otters are sold as seen. If you wish to view and inspect the condition of an otter in person before making a bid, please visit the Tourist Information Centre 10am to 4pm Monday - Saturday where each otter will be on display during its auction.
- The highest bidder at 12 noon exactly on the final day of the auction will win the otter sculpture being bid for.
- The payment must be made within five working days after the auction has finished. If payment is not received it will be given to the second highest bidder after that date or re auctioned.
- The winning bidder will collect their otter from the Tourist Information Centre.
- The profits from this auction will be split equally between the Mayor’s Charities and a future similar event next summer. The Mayor's Charities are Project Street Life and Community Care North Bucks, which includes YC2 Buckingham & Winslow Young Carers, North Bucks Carers, Open House and the Hospital Car Service.
If you would like to find out more about the Buckingham Otter Trail project, or would like to be involved or sponsor our next trail, we would be very happy to chat. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How will the money from auctioning the otters by used?
The profits from this auction will be split equally between the Mayor’s Charities and a future similar event next summer.
We could not be more delighted to raise money for these worthy causes, pouring funds straight back into supporting the community and making another sculpture trail next summer for everyone to enjoy.
Ready to place your bid?
Want to know more about the otters before you make your bid? We've got a quick guide below.
|Otter Name||Artist||Sponsor||Auction start date (12 noon)||Auction end date (12 noon)|
|Jimmy Fisher||Kate Lowe and YC2 Buckingham and Winslow Young Carers||Buckingham Town Council||24/09/2021||08/10/2021
|Patchy||Maids Moreton CofE School||Howes the Florist||01/10/2021||15/10/2021
|Lockii||Young People at My Future Self Matters||My Future Self Matters||08/10/2021||22/10/2021
|Monty||Bourton Meadow Academy||Bucks Radio||15/10/2021||29/10/2021
|Canalotto||Zoe Day||Buckingham Canal Society||22/10/2021||05/11/2021
|Olive Otterson||University of Buckingham||University of Buckingham||29/10/2021||12/11/2021
|Prints of the Future||Roundwood School||Gawcott Solar CIC||05/11/2021||19/11/2021
|Flo||Derryn Snowdon and staff at Buckingham Community Hospital||Buckingham Town Council||12/11/2021||26/11/2021
|Lacey||Lace Hill Academy||Barrett David Wilson Homes||19/11/2021||03/12/2021
|Jeff||Buckingham Primary School and Clare Tebboth||Heritage & Sons||26/11/2021||10/12/2021