Three to four days over Monday to Saturday (Sundays in August).
0945-1615 with additional extra hours as mutually agreed.
SCP 5-6: £10.22 – £10.42 per hour depending on experience and qualifications. Pay award pending.
Buckingham Town Council manages a Tourist Information Centre and a Shopmobility Service, so this is a varied role with the successful candidate expected to cover both services as mutually agreed under a flexible arrangement.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with good communication skills, who is capable of working alone or as part of a team. Experience in a customer service environment is desirable and a mature and confident manner is essential.
The main tasks will include:
- Provide the highest level of customer service, responding to all enquiries in a professional, comprehensive and timely manner.
- Ensure the TIC and Shopmobility scheme create a welcoming, professional and positive image of Buckingham.
- Assist Shopmobility users to make safe use of the equipment provided.
- Assist with all administration procedures relating to the operation of the TIC and Shopmobility, including cash reconciliation and banking.
- Opening and closing of Old Gaol Museum and assisting with museum tasks as required.
- Operate the Shopmobility booking system and complete accurate records regarding membership, usage and user training.
For further information please read our detailed job description and person specification or for an informal discussion about the post, please contact Sam Hoareau on 01280 816426.
Buckingham Town Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Closing date for applications: Friday 14th October 2022. Interviews to be held: week commencing 17th October 2022 with immediate start for the right candidate.
Please note we will only accept a completed application pack. If you do not complete an application form you will not be considered. CV's will not be accepted.
Applications are available on the links below or by calling 01280 816426.
- Tourist Information Centre / Shopmobility Assistant Job Application Pack
- Tourist Information Centre / Shopmobility Assistant Job Application Pack (Word version)
Applications should be submitted by email to: email@example.com
Or by post to:
Buckingham Town Council, Buckingham Centre, Verney Close, Buckingham, MK18 1JP
Successful applications will be subject to receipt of suitable references.