Meeting of Full Council Agenda: Monday 2nd October 2017 7:00pm
Venue: The Town Council Chamber, Cornwalls Meadow, Buckingham, MK18 1RP View directions
Contact: Nina Stockill; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the Full Council meeting will be preceded by Public Session lasting for a maximum of 15 minutes, in accordance with Standing Order 3.f.
- Apologies for Absence
Members are asked to receive apologies from members.
- Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of any personal or prejudicial interest under consideration on this agenda in accordance with the Localism Act 2011 Sections 26-34 & Schedule 4.
- Full Council Minutes
Copy previously circulated BTC/04/17
To receive the minutes and confirm the recommendations therein of the Full Council Meeting held on Monday 14th August 2017.
- Interim Minutes
Copy previously circulated IM/03/17
To receive the minutes and confirm the recommendations therein of the Interim Council meeting held on Monday 11th September 2017.
- Planning Committee
To receive the minutes and confirm the recommendations therein of the Planning Committee meetings held on:
Monday 21st August 2017
Copy previously circulated PL/05/17
Proposed by Cllr, Smith, seconded by Cllr. Isham and RECOMMENDED to Full Council that the Town Council form a working group to consider revisions to the Buckingham Neighbourhood Development PlanMonday 11th September 2017
Copy previously circulated PL/06/17
Recommended to Full Council to consider involvement in the next Access Awareness Day
- Town Centre and Events Committee
To receive the minutes and confirm the recommendations therein of the Town Centre and Events Committee meetings held on Tuesday 29th August 2017.
Copy previously circulated TCE/03/17
Proposed by Cllr. Smith, seconded by Cllr. Stuchbury and RECOMMENDED to Full Council to discuss an agree attendance at any forthcoming training on sexual exploitation, terrorism and public place violence
- Environment Committee
To receive the minutes and confirm the recommendations therein of the Environment Committee meeting held on Monday 4th September 2017
Copy previously circulated E/03/17
- Resources Committee
To receive the minutes and confirm the recommendations therein of the Resources Committee meeting held on Monday 18th September 2017.
Copy previously circulated R/03/17
- To receive and question reports from District and County Councillors
- Action List
- Motion – Cllr. Robin Stuchbury Buckingham Town Council notes the severe financial pressures on the County Council and their projected reductions in spending on a variety of services, including Children’s Services. The Town Council is concerned that changes in the provisions of these services being proposed might result in the closure of the local Children’s Centre in George Grenville school that currently helps many vulnerable families. Moreover, it is the Council’s view that any changes must be evidence based and must not gamble with the lives of young children. The Council urges residents to respond to the County Council’s consultation on these changes to ensure that their voices are heard and that whatever happens does not risk harming local children and young people. [Members to note the consultation can be accessed online here. A summary of the questions is attached].
- Working Group to Improve Buckinghamshire County Council Communications with Town and Parish Councils
Members to discuss and agree representatives
- Judicial Review – 61-bed Care Home etc, land behind the 13 High Street Public House –16/03302/APP
Members to receive a written report from the Town Clerk.
- Parish funded PCSOs
Members to receive and discuss the following update from Inspector James Davies, TVP.
“I have had a number of queries in relation to the financing of PCSOs and I would just like to highlight this to any interested parties. A number of parishes have asked if they are able to fund a PCSO. There is plenty of precedence in relation to this and clearly I would support any approach from parishes/towns who would like to look into this more deeply. It is not a panacea… PCSOs have time off, they are called away to emergencies and even if they patrolled your area 24/7 crime and anti-social behaviour would still occur. What it does give you is some ownership over the tasking of the PCSO attached to your area, within the terms of a pre-agreed contract. It gives you the ability to work in partnership with the local police to resolve local issues. It gives people living in the area some level of reassurance. I won’t go into the details of how this all works practically but if anyone would like to discuss this further then by all means contact me via email@example.com”
- New Homes Bonus Application – Slade Bowls Club
Members to consider submitting an application on behalf of the Slade Bowls Club
- Reports from Representatives on Outside Bodies
Members are asked to note the reports listed below:
16.1 Access for All 10th July 2017
16.2 Buckingham Twinning Association 5th July 2017
16.3 Destination Buckingham 12th September 2017
- Mayoral Engagements
To receive a list of events attended by the Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Functions the Mayor has attended:
Fri 25 Aug Reading Library: Donating Jo Cox book
Fri 25 Aug Reading University Library: Donating Jo Cox book
Sat 26 Aug Afternoon Tea at Leighton Linslade with Town Mayor and guests
Sun 27 Aug Bandjam Big Bash
Thu 31 Aug University Duck Race
Thu 31 Aug Residents Association meeting at Lace Hill
Fri 1 Sep Raising the Red Ensign flag for Merchant Navy Day
Sat 2 Sep Moretonville Pavilion Opening
Tue 5 Sep Ground breaking ceremony for Buckingham University Vinson Centre
Wed 6 Sep RAF Halton Annual Reception
Thu 7 Sep Cafe Crawl
Fri 8 Sep Buckingham in Bloom awards
Sat 9 Sep Visiting the Town Markets
Sun 10 Sep River Rinse
Sun 10 Sep Buckingham Tennis Club Finals Day
Thu 14 Sep Launch of Cloudy Group
15 September Visited Mrs Liz Zetll on the occasion of her 100th birthday
Functions the Deputy Mayor has attended:
Sept 6th RAF Halton – Annual Reception
Sept 25th BTC Office – Buckingham in Bloom Awards
Sept 29th Macmillan Coffee Morning, Buckingham
Sept 16th Old Gaol – Buckingham Fair Trade Status 10th Anniversary
Sept 5th University of Buckingham – Vinson Centre Ground-breaking
- Chair’s Announcements
- Date of the next meeting:
Interim Council – Monday 30th October 2017
Full Council – Monday 20th November 2017